I grew up on the Canadian prairies and found my way to Nova Scotia through my university education. I have lived in the Annapolis Valley for the past 4 years and love the beautiful blend of agriculture and coastland.
Through my own personal life experiences, I’ve faced many different situations personally that have shaped me into the person that I am today. Many great people have helped and supported me along the journey. As a Registered Counselling Therapist, I am here to help and support you as you work through your ups and downs.
My journey with ADHD started when my spouse was diagnosed in 2020 with Inattentive ADHD. I have become passionate about helping individuals and couples as they navigate what it means to live with ADHD and how to address the specific challenges it presents.
I use a compassionate and caring approach to help individuals cope with anxiety, depression, life transitions, grief, overcoming trauma, and the specific challenges that come with ADHD. I am committed to helping people develop the skills, tools, and abilities they need to thrive in their life. I have experience working with veterans, active military members, high school students, university students, parents, grandparents, and those who are both married or divorced.
– Registered Counselling Therapist (RCT) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT)
– Professional Member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
– Somatic Experiencing (SE)
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
– Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
– Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
– Developmental Model of Couples Therapy